Pages

Saturday, November 04, 2023

25+ Year project complete!

So, Some followers may know, I have been working on completely painting up my original Warhammer Quest for years. I bought the original game back 1996, and started playing after I got it. It has been played many times throughout the years, with some painting happening every once in a while. My son's first tabletop minis game was Quest, in fact we told him once your able to read, you can play, he quickly learned how to read.

Well about 5 or 6 years ago, my brother came over to play (as he did years ago) and made the comment, Dude, you still have not finished painting this stuff???? He was right, with all the armies and projects, I had not finished this iconic game. That's all that it took to get me back to slowly painting it up again. Earlier this year I finished up the Skaven, all that I had left were the goblins. So this past week, I dove into getting the gobos painted up.

24 Goblin spears
Now the original game came with models in groups of 6, so there were 6 gobos with spear and 6 gobos with bow. Over the years I acquired another almost complete copy of the game and a few models along the way, hence there are more then usual  here. 

A few gobo bows
As I said above , I was able to track down a few older models, I had to get them to add them to the game, here are a few really old Gobos.

Some really old gobos

Now, that core is done, I have a few other models that I tracked down that will get painted up, but I can finally say Quest is painted! Now, the game will be getting more playtime as a buddy and I want to document a few games, sort of write an adventuring short story.

As for the next project, time to take a trip back to 1999 with a little Dammed city, Mordheim Project.

TK 


2 comments:

Thom Ferris said...

That is amazing!

I have recently completed some old projects too, but they were only 5 to 10 years old.

Tom O said...

Nice!