Pages

Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Tiki, Tiki, Tiki bar!

 So,

Not a Hobby thing yet, but will soon be! Many folks know that I used to work at Disneyland and I was an attraction host in Adventureland. This meant I worked Jungle Cruise, Tree House, Indian Jones and the Enchanted Tiki room. I loved the tropical vide and it did really feel like Hawaii, which I visted a couple of times.


So for the last year I had a bucket list to go start checking out Tiki bars and there are a few here in Phoenix, but then Covid hit and bars closed down. The thought of visiting a few places was placed on the back burner. 

Then about a month ago while scrolling through my Youtube I found The Hula Girls channel featering one of the guys, Spike talking about his Tiki Bar he built and the Breezeway Cocktail Hour show on Tiki Drinks. i was hooked and now watch pretty regularly. 

Then it dawned on me, if I can not vist Tiki Bars, why not bring the Tiki Bar to me? So now I am seriously thinking of building a Tiki Bar in my backyard to host friends and family. But were do I start?

Two Awesome books!

First step is to research and get my drinks going, so after watching Spike on his channel, I ordered the Smugglers Cove book and my wife got me Trader Vic's book. So now I am diving into the Tiki drinks and planning to pull of a great looking outdoor bar for my back yard. I am still in the planning step, but hopefully will have a tropical oasis soon springing up in my back yard.

So stay tuned friends, more will come on this daring adventure into the world of Tiki!

Aloha!

TK

No comments: