Pages

Friday, October 27, 2023

Incoming Big Stompy Robot stuff!

 So,

Got busy on some more CAV models the other day. I have a large collection, but these I recently purchased from Talon Games. Like a few folks I got excited about the pending launch of the new GW Epic game, but the delays sort of bummed me out. I then took a hard look at what do I have that could simulate the same sort of game, two ideas came to me, one, CAV and the other Wiley Games Battle suit Alpha.

So I busted out BA and started looking at it, and hence the reason for purchasing more CAV models. John has some very nice models and it was time to get a few more. 

First up are the new Tsuiski II aircraft which look very similar to a Warthog, which is one of my favorite aircraft and this futuristic take looks cool!

Tsuiseki II

Next up was a new new CAV model, the Kodiak, reminds me a little of the old Battletech Hunchback.

Kodiak

I also picked up these two Cobras, love the way the packs on the shoulders invoke that Cobra Hood in a weird sort of way.
Cobras

Up next were some of the new Infantry models that I picked up, one nice thing about CAV model range, its all in scale with itself. Something that used to bug me in Battletech, the mechs were never in scale, say a spider was the same height of a Battle Master, one was a lite mech & the other was a Heavy mech, but were the same size. Well John at Talon makes all his models in scale which is roughly 10mm. Here you can see just how big a CAV model is to an infantry man.


Scale of models

And here is a close up of the infantry, went with a very simple scheme for them and they have just enough detail on them. 

Infantry models for CAV

So there you go, another batch of models kicked out, still have a bunch on the table to get to.

TK

1 comment:

Tom O said...

Yes, the delay in LI has me thinking about trying 40k Apocalypse 8th or one of the earlier versions of Epic.