Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Finally Some Gaslands on the Table

Well,

Last Friday after work Mike from Dagreenskins blog came over and we finally got Gaslands back onto the table. It has been months since he and I got to play and it was a blast of a game. We each took two cars, mine were the Purple El Camino with Ram and a single HMG and the other was my Delivery truck with Ram, HMG & Napalm dropper. Mike took his VWs one with twin HMG and the VW Bus having Rockets!

And the Race begins
My Heavy truck decided to ram the back of the VW Rocket bus as I knew what those rockets could do to me if I ever got out front. I caused some major damage to it. Mike tried to ram his other VW into me but all we did was trade paint.

Ramming Speed!
 Meanwhile the El Camino made a break for it while the other three were playing bumper cars and I got out to a pretty good lead. Mike was able to get his VW truck out ahead of me which I finally shot up and caused him to wreck, but as fate would have it, the El Camino had no where to go and crashed into the flaming VW truck, which in turn caused me to wipe out and wreck leaving us both burning piles of junk!

Trying to Stir clear of danger!
 Meanwhile the VW Rocket Bus and my Heavy truck were left way in the back (due to Mike wiping out and smashing into the rocks and me with a Gear 3 only car. I was able to get the Heavy truck out in front and dropped my Napalm, but Mike was able to expertly drive around them while firing rockets at me and taking damage. Mike was able to finally able to cause my truck to take its last wounds and went on to win the game!

Rocket VW Bus Win!
 The game was awesome and we were both laughing at what was going on, which to me reminded me of how Blood Bowl can really mess up your plans, so too can Gaslands! It was awesome to finally get this back on the table with an experianced driver and I am sure there will be more games.

So with that, I felt like I needed to work on a few cars. So i busted out a couple of cars, the Zrod, 4x4 Bone Shaker, a 32 Coup (not pictured) and a 1964 wagon that I was painting up for my Dad.

Projects started after the game.
 The Zrod got the front tires off the Bone Shaker added to it, some plastic card to the top and the Rockets from the Weapons of Carnage sprue. The Bone Shaker then got the back wheels off the Zrod, I also added pipes and HMGs to the car as well as plastic card to the windshield.

Simple wheel swap and conversion.
 The 32 Coup was going to be for my Slime team which will be modeled after the Buzzards in the Mad Max video game. So I used plastic card and cut up blades and glued to the car, I also added the Roo Bar to the front for a ram.

Plastic Blades
 Once all that was done I moved onto the painting, the Zrod got a Yellow and Black scheme and will now be called Yellow jacket and it was a pretty quick paint up. The Buzzard was a little more time consuming as painting the blades took some time. I primed it all black then went in with a Burny Sienna followed by a Steal color. I also painted up some details on the motor before washing the whole model in Strong Tone.

Pre Wash

Post Wash (drying)
 Once the washes were dry I went back to do some weathering on both cars to finish them off with.

Two cars completed
I am still working on the Bone Shaker and the Chevy wagon, so they will be the next two to be completed in a few days. Stay safe and stay sane!

TK

No comments: