Pages

Sunday, January 28, 2024

One game for a whole year....Hmmm

 Good morning folks,

So this morning i spent some time getting caught up on my You tube subscriptions and came across this interesting video that he did a few weeks ago (I'm that far behind...LOL). 

It was a very interesting video for me as the creator took a whole year off not doing anything with the Warhammer hobby. For content creators that are Warhammer focused, this can kill a channel and if your getting money from your videos this can really hit you hard. But Dave decided to give it a try, he wanted to see if he felt any different, go watch the video.

So this video got me thinking about trying to focus down on my Hobby time, not that I have been doing a lot lately. But regardless with getting back into gaming again, so trying to stay focused now would be a great thing. Maybe it would help to try to focus on one project for a year. This is not a new thing, I used to do this with other games (LotR, WHFB, FOW) but over the last few years I have been all over the place and as a buddy said, my brain spins from one game to the next.

So I am sitting here trying to see if this would be something I could do again and if I really want to in the first place. And then there is, do I just work on one game for a year from the hobby and modeling side or do I limit it to just playing one game, or a combination of the above.

Now, the other thing to think about what game would it be? Would it be a brand new game? A old favorite? So many choices, so many games. Then I am thinking would it be just one genera or setting? Once again so many choices to think about.

I was hoping that by writing this down it would help me focus in and give me more clarity to the idea, but it is very complicated sort of thing. I hear some of you asking why limit yourself? Just do what makes you happy, or your completely mental....LOL But it is a very good thought provoking idea to say the lease. It also brings up ideas of past projects and the fun that I have had with those. 

So the bottom line is, I still don't know how to answer the question, and I still don't have a plan. but that's the awesome thing about sitting down every once in a while and having these sort of thought provoking ideas. 

TK

1 comment:

Tom O said...

It makes sense. How about setting a small goal first, and when you reach it set your next goal? Trying to set long term plans can be overwhelming.