Pages

Monday, August 17, 2020

A Very Pulpy weekend.

 Hey folks,

This past weekend was a very productive weekend and it all focused on Pulp. A couple of buddies this weekend were doing a sort of Hobbycon weekend working on the new 40K box set that just came out and were looking for folks to join along. Well I am not interested in 40K nor did I buy said new version, I decided to work on what I had, so Pulp miniatures were on tap.

Models completed on Saturday

 I was able to complete five figures on Saturday and as Sunday rolled around, I busted out a few more models. Four out of the five are more old west, more like Mexican revolution, but they can be used in Pulp games, and the fifth model was a true pulp adventurer all from Pulp Figures..  


What a Wild Bunch we have there.

So I was able to get another five completed and as I was working on these, I got notification that my Sarissa Precision  order would be delivered today! So not only would I have completed 10 figures, but I was getting some terrain today.


Box from the UK smelling of burnt wood!

I ordered the Far East building pack, a dock and two Steam Powered launches all intended for Pulp gaming or Pacific WW2 gaming.

My terrain haul!

I was so excited to be getting my terrain that I started work on them as soon as it showed up. The first item I set about building was the dock, pretty straight forward kit, although I decided to add rope wrapped about the supports for the dock. Just some natural twine used for bracelets, which adds a nice little touch to the dock.  


part of the dock which includes another section, so a Paradox!

Once I had the dock assembled, I turned my attention to the steam launch, and I was very happy to be assembling these. And if you know me, I was a skipper on a very similar looking boat trudging down jungle rivers for many years. This kit is a neat little kit, in the picture below I have the hull completed and just have the canopy sitting there, my plan is to extend the canopy all the way over the boat and I will be using tissue paper for the canopy and making another set of frames to hold it up. The Steam boiler does go up towards the front, but I will be making a replacement that looks more like I am used to seeing in the boats I piloted. 

I get paid for the number I take out, not how many I bring back!

here is a combo picture of the dock and the boat together, which is perfect for what I am going to use it for!

Watch your step and don't step on your watch!

I ran out of steam and was not able to finish more on the boat, but will be working on it throughout this week. So stay tuned friends, more dispatches from the Jungle soon! 

Kungaloosh!

TK

3 comments:

A J said...

All very nicely done. Looking forward to seeing them all in action.

Terry Silverthorn said...

Nice haul! I have those docks as well & may go back to add the rope as you did. It does add that needed touch!

Tim Kulinski said...

@ Terry, the two prongs sticking up just did not look right to me, hence the rope.