Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Build it, and they will race it!

Well,

A few weeks ago while running demos at Imperial Outpost games we cam up with a cool large game concept for Demos. We talked about the scene in Fury Road of the canyon and thought it would be cool to build a canyon to race through. The idea was to have at least a 16' canyon. So I started thinking about how we could do it.

My idea was to take a 2'x4' MDF section in have in a jagged pattern so we could place the canyon walls on wither side. So a couple weeks later off to Home Depot for supplies. Well last weekend I started working on the canyon sections.

Canyon section (2 of them) taking shape.
I cut basically four sections and then glued down 1"pink foam onto then and roughly cut them into shape with a foam cutter. Then the fun part started of carving the fronts to look like rock, which is very messy.


 The plan is to use these for more than Gaslands. I can use them for Bolt Action or Flames of War and by keeping the back sides flat, I can place them together for a lager hill. Also I kept each end 8" wide so that they can all line up to make a bigger canyon wall or one side hill.


 Here are a few more shots of the carved rock work, which I will say again was a mess and not fun to clean up!

So next up is going to be the small detail work to be done, smaller rocks and dirt, still trying to figure out what I want to do about covering the flat areas, I have used Liqutex in the past, but this is a much larger area and would eat up at lease two jars of it.


So there you go, a small terrain piece for a few games.

TK

2 comments:

Tom L said...

Really nice set of gaslands posts. Might be a temporary issue but most of this post's pictures don't load. Too popular maybe?

Tim Kulinski said...

Strange, I have re uploaded the pictures again. They are now showing up.