Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Samaria Bound!

 So,

It looks like I will be headed for Samaria very soon! If you are not familiar with Samaria, well it is the setting for the Brom inspired game called Dark Age Apocalypse by the folks over at Cool Mini or Not. My buddy Dave over at Crusaders Retreat finally talked me into taking a look at this game. So yesterday after visiting with Dave, I came home with the main rulebook.  


 I have to mention the quality of the book, first it is a hard covered book, comes in at 96 pages and is full color all for $19.99, a certain Games company Workshop should take notice and learn from this! The rules are pretty straight forward and the main rulebook has just the rules, not much fluff, just the rules. This nice since you do not have to dig through fluff to find rules. So far, I am liking what I see, I have been wanting a new Sci Fi game, this looks good and could be it.


Besides the Core Rulebook, I also picked up the hefty Forclist book. This book, like the Main rules, is hard back, full color and is 356 pages of coolness!! This book has all the background and descriptions of all the first 5 factions that you can play. I am just digging into this book but I think I may have found the faction that I want to play, the Brood! Basically this faction is a genetically altered caste of humans that have been left to evolve into what they are now. The main reason I want to do this faction, is the cool looking art work and the cool miniatures.


Here are just two of the Brood models that sold me on the game! As a painter, I am really excited about painting these figures and putting my own spin on them.


Along with the minis, I am sure I will be inspired to do some cool terrain. It has been a long time since I felt excited about a game and I am looking forward to journeying to Samaria!

TK

4 comments:

Scottswargaming said...

Looks intrigiung yet I dare not get drawn into another game, I've too much on the go already! ;-)
I look forward to seeing what you do with it.

Tim Kulinski said...

Scott,

I have been on the fence with this game as well and if it was not for trading off an GW Empire army, I would still be on the fence.

There are a few reasons I was looking at this game.One reason I took the plunge, was for the miniatures, they look cool and I am itching to paint a few.

The second reason it is a skirmish game, as you know, I love skirmish games.

Lastly, it is a replacement for 40K. I have not played 40k now in at least a year now and I do not see myself playing anytime soon.

So I have replaced GW games (40K, LotR, Fantasy) with games I really want to play (Dark Age, Empire of the Dead, Flames of War).

So there you go, sorry if I am tempting you man! LOL

Robert said...

This one has the advantage of it is a game you talked yourself into rather than letting someone else talk you into it. It will be interesting to try!

Jerry said...

I've got a faction for this game. It plays great, but is more fantasy than sci-fi to me. Let me know if you want to get in a game.