Pages

Monday, July 16, 2007

Its a Small World after all...

No,

I'm not going to be talking about the famous Disneyland attraction, but I just realized that the Web makes this planet very small. Last night I was talking with a friend of mine, Rob, and we were discussing our hobby of war gaming. Now as a few folks know, I wrote the soon to be released Warhammer Historical book, Legends of the High Seas. What were discussing last night is how are hobby is such a small global community, because of the web.

I never really thought about it until today when I was doing my usual Google search for topics on LotHS. I came across many forum hits (in a few different languages) discussing the soon to be released book and it dawned on me, that even this little spot in cyber-space is getting read in different parts of the globe. It also dawned on me that when the book comes out people all over the globe will be playing this game! Wow!

I guess I really never thought about it until now. I remember back in the day when I used to go to Brookhurst Hobbies http://www.brookhursthobbies.com/ and I would marvel at the different GW games that I never had heard about. Now there is a buzz all over the globe for a game that has not come out yet due to the Internet.

I also realized that I now have friends all over the globe not just here in my town. Because of this LotHS, I now communicate with folks in Germany, UK, France, Australia, New Zealand and all over the USA. I never would have thought about that before I started writing this book. I have also been in contact from a rather large gaming convention in the east to come out & demo the game (as well as play in some tournaments). Also I have been in contact with many figure manufactures that produce the figures I buy.

All this because of the web & the Internet. It truly is a Small World...

TK

No comments: