Pages

Monday, September 07, 2020

World Ear III

 Well I did it!

New Two Player Starter Set

Yes folks, I decided to jump into FOW Team Yankee or World War III this past weekend with my buddy DrunkenSamurai. We had both been eyeing the game and with the re launch and clean up of the rules, we both were very interested. Well earlier last week Drunken and I were talking, and he suggested if we each get a box, we could swap out the extra force to the other one. So he wanted to start an American force, so I took the Russians.

Here is what you get for $49.99

You get 16 vehicles for $49.99 which is a great price and along comes the rulebook and cards as well as dice. And with each of us getting the others side, we would have enough for almost 100 points to start with. Now the only reason I went with Russians was that I already have two T-64s painted up for Tanks Modern. So I could roll those into the army, plus I love having a ton of tanks on the table!

The base forces in the box

So this past Saturday, we made our rounds in the valley looking for two copies of the game, our local shop Imperial Outpost had just got them in so we both picked up our copies. Drunken also got a few Necromunda books as well.

So yesterday, Sunday, I got to building my tank force and after the fifth tank, I was tired of cutting out parts! LOL! But  I manged to power through it and get them all built, the T-80s and BMP-3s were quick, the T=64's seemed to be a bit more fiddly and took a while to build. 

T-64's 

T-80's

BMP-3 and T-80 HQ unit.

So overall, I am very happy with the new set, and by the way, this is my first starter box I have purchased from BattleFront. But the one thing that was a bummer was that most other starter sets come with tokens and objective markers. Now this set does include them, except they are printed on the inside of the box, you have to cut them out. Not a big deal, as you get a lot of tanks and the rulebook, just was surprised it was not in there/

Overall I am pretty excited to get started on a new project and this will be an all BF army to boot! So now time to paint some green tanks!

TK 

1 comment:

Lasgunpacker said...

Those are great looking tanks, and a pretty stuffed starter... pity that there is no infantry to squish though!