Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2020

Rutherford Team

 Welcome back Gaslands fans, two new cars completed this week abd two for a new team, Rutherford! This time I chose the Hot Wheels Humvee cars as this team is heavy on military vehicles and I figured there would still be a bunch kicking around. 

Bright looking cars!

I did my usual drill out the rivets and took the cars apart to strip the basic paint off. I then add the smoke launchers and front ram from the Implements of Carnage sprue. The mini guns and turret are actually from Battlefront and were extra bits I had saved. All I did was add a crewman from the Implements of Carnage sprue as well. 

Base paint job

I went with a standard military green color and decided that I would apply a sort of Orange racing stripe to the vehicle, I also kept the ran black.
 
Decals and weathering

I used a variety of decals that I had, skulls on ram for kills, named the cars and used a generic star on the side. All these decals are from 40k left overs.
 
Refutor & Mortis

I named the cars, Refutor & Mortis as these are two names I had left from a Sisters of Battle decal sheet, seemed like a good way to identify each car. Weathering was my usual Vallejo Environmental paint color. 

Ready for the track!

So there you go, two more cars for Gaslands, hope you like them!

TK

No comments: