Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2020

Halloween Game of 2019 (forgotten post)

So,

Last October 26, 2019 (on my Birthday) I ran a group game of Wiley Games Fistful of Lead Tales of Horror game for a select group of friends. I love hosting games and I had decided earlier in 2019 that I would host a game on my birthday and wanted it to be a themed Halloween event. I used to play and run Warhammer Fantasy Battles Halloween games here at my house years ago, but just never got back to doing it.

Wiley Games Awesome Supplement for FFoL
 So I set out to paint and model everything for the game, it would be a gift to my friends from me and allowed me to get back into hosting games again. All I knew is that this game needed to look nice and have that Wow factor to the game. I have been collecting up terrain and have used it in other games, so all I had to do was figure out what I wanted to use.

Table and groups of figures for the gsme.

Another shot of the board
So with the terrain and figures done I had to come up with a scenario for the game. I had Vampires, Werewolves, Cossack's and Monster Hunters among other groups. The scenario I decided to go with was modified from the Tales of Horror rules. Basically the Vampires were trying to protect their coffins that were scattered around the board so they could return to them at sunlight. While the other creature groups were their to create havoc and of course the Monster hunters were there to burn the coffins and kill all monsters.

Hunters and monsters prowl the graveyard
We had five players, Tom O, Rob B, Matt W, and Bill and his Wife from Tucson play in the game. Tom took Cossack's, Rob took the Frankenstein Monsters, Matt took the Werewolves and Bill and his wife took the Monster hunters each. I ran the Vampires as they were sort of a NPC group and the object of the game was to destroy them. I kept track of the turns stating that the coffins needed to be destroyed by turn 10, if any were left the vampires would get the victory.

Coffins burn!
I was worried that the Monster groups would over run the Hunters, but they held their own and it seemed that the natural hatred of Werewolves and Vampires was in full effect as the Wolves went straight after the Vamps.

Werewolf pack
Here are a few more shots from the game.

Frankenstein not as tough as we thought. 
Creepy woods with a forgotten coffin
The pumpkin patch hiding a coffin
the lower end of the graveyard
The scary road through the graveyard
All in all everyone had a great time, the FFoL rules are very easy to learn and the game flows very fast. I think many folks were sold on the rules after the first couple of turns.

So how did the game end, well the Vampires were able to survive, one coffin that was hidden in the forest went undetected through most of the game only to be noticed too late, I think one Vampire survived but all that mattered was the coffin was left untouched, because after all, we all know vampires are already dead!

Sorry about late post, I thought I had posted this here, but when I looked, it was only posted to FB group I am in.

TK

1 comment:

Frank O Donnell said...

Very nice :)