Pages

Monday, August 24, 2020

A village is born!

So,

A few weeks ago I ordered a few new buildings for some gaming from Sarissa Precision. I wanted some South Pacific looking buildings and ordered the Far East Bundle. First off, It only took about a week and a half to get my order from the UK, that was amazing with everything going on in the world. Secondly these buildings are awesome, I love what the Sarissa guys are doing!

This past weekend I decided to work on getting them assembled and started to "Plus" them up. What I like from these kits you can use them as is or dress them up as much as you like. So first these kits I added doors (used the extra MDF left over from the cutout) and a couple of small hinges I have. I also plan to do a corrugated tin roof to give them more a Hollywood flavor to them. For the corrugation I am using the same card board I used for the Spanish tiles but making them larger and not over lapping them. In fact I am cutting them up at various widths and not placing them touching each other as to have that run down sort of look.


First building with a new roof!

 You will also notice that I already did the texture to the bases and the buildings are not glued to the supports, so when I do start painting I can paint up the texturing under the buildings and adding grass and some plants as well.

Common meeting Hut

This bundle set is perfect for a little village and I am really looking forward to painting them all up. You will notice that some buildings are just planked siding, the one below is a woven looking sort of building, nice little touch.

Woven or thatched siding.

These kits just have so much character and I could see them being used for a few games for sure. Because of these buildings, I need to order more Pulp Figures (Castaways set) as well as Island Natives for this as well.

Another nice looking building!

Animal pen or cheap overnight accommodations? 

All in all I am very please once again with Sarissa's offerings and will be buying more of there products in the very near future. Stay tuned for more pics as I work on these lovely kits...

TK

No comments: