Pages

Monday, August 10, 2020

Quiet on the set!

So,

This weekend I busted out a few Pulp Alley & Pulp Figures miniatures to work on, I love pulp games and I wish I got to play more of them, but my local group is not as interested as I am. But that not withstanding I still paint up figures and terrain for games I will run.

This Weekends painting

Not sure what got me in the mood to bust out these, maybe the GW info about Blood Bowl that had me down, but I felt inspired to paint and pretty much the whole weekend to do it. I just have to say that I really love Pulp Figures miniatures, they are so charismatic and in a way, very simple to paint. Unlike GW which are very detailed almost to the point of over detailed, Pulp Figures are much more of a joy to paint for me and I always get great results. 

Take 81!

Pulp Alley miniatures are in the same vain as the Pulp Figures and this was my first set of them to paint up. I had used these models for years when I ran demos, showing people the figures that Dave was now making. So I decided to paint them up finally after all these years.

And Action!

I also tried a new Red hair color on the Red Queen model from Pulp Alley, I have always gone with an orange with a red wash, this time I started with the same color as I used on the model on the left below, its a color called Yellow Ochre from Americana. I then used a red wash that was watered down and applied that. Once it set I used a Reaper Marigold Yellow 09007 as highlights, its more a yellow/orange color and looks awesome as a high lite for much more realistic Red head. 

Pulp Girl & Red Queen from Pulp Alley

Anther shot of these beautifully sculpted models.

I also got around to getting this Limited edition Empire of the Dead model painted up, which I named Professor Cox, a crazy nar do well bent on about bringing all kinds of calamities down on society. I have a tendency to name some of my characters after friends, this one is no different, He is named after my good friend Noel Cox, who I used to work with at Disneyland. Noel went on to work as an animator on the Simpsons and most recently is now working at Knotts Berry Farm in the living Calico players as the Deputy Mayor of Calico.  I shot a picture of the mini to Noel, and one day I will have him going in a game so he can bring his creation to life on the tabletop!

Professor Cox and Evil Doctor of Mayhem!

I also did up these two, the model on the left is Pulp Alley while the model on the right is a Pulp Figure, both fit the bill as Good Cop and Bad Ghestpo agent and will be used in many a games.

You do know I am holding a Tommy Gun right?

So there you have it, some daring Heroes, some lovely ladies and a few bad guys thrown into the mix, all and all a great turn out of characters for some pulp games.

TK

2 comments:

Terry Silverthorn said...

Great work on them! The Professor Cox figure is fantastic! Is that the actual figure or did you kitbash it?

Tim Kulinski said...

Nope, thats the original miniature all I did was take of the slot for the slotted base. Its a limited edition model from the Empire of the Dead game by Westwind Miniatures.