Pages

Monday, January 20, 2020

Get your motor runnin!

 So,

Last week and this weekend was all about building cars for Gaslands, seems that its been a great motivator for me and the creative pistons are firing on all cylinders.

I had only planned on doing one more car, but I fell into a grove and got all of this done within the past four days. So here is what I did, first up is the last car completed this weekend and its a car based on a 1973 Dodge Charger SE. All I did was add the two guns to the hood and a launcher to the rear of the car. What I like about the model is the engine, unlike most Hot Wheels cars, this one has nice detailing to the motor. Once painted up it looks awesome, perhaps the best engine I have seen so far on a Hot Wheel car.

Rodger Dodger 73 Dodge Charger SE

Side profile

Rear shot

Another side shot

I also did up a 74 El Camino this weekend and all I did to this car was take out the window and replace with mesh. I also added the front plow and the two twin linked .30 cal guns to the hood. The rear engine detail is stock on the car but makes a perfect fit for a post apocalyptic look, definitely one of my favorites. 

74 El Camino ready to cause harm!

Get out of the way of that plow!

Jet Motor in the bed?
I have been using the Implements of Carnage frame from North Star, and two items that come on it are motorcycles that are the perfect scale for the Hot Wheels cars I am using for the game. So I had to paint these two guys up so I can use them. All I did was mount one to look like it was doing a wheelie.

Easy riders...not!

Racing towards you soon!
I have also been pretty active on the Gaslands Facebook page with my cars and I got a few messages from folks how I go about doing my cars. I did a quick how to post using this car below, its a 1970 Chevelle SS wagon which I cut off the back roof. I added a few things, Mesh, Harpoon gun, blower and Rue bar to the front. All in all took me about ten minutes to convert.


1970 Chevelle SS wagon converted
Once converted I did a quick paint job on it, I wanted the two doors and hood to look like they were from a different car, hence the paint job.


Harpoon Car

Looks like something my grand mother would drive!
So there you go, lots of cars being built for this fun little game. I need to start working on some terrain for this as well.

TK

2 comments:

Tom O said...

Your aptitude for converting these is great. They have a very good look to them.

Tim Kulinski said...

Thanks Tom, it is very relaxing building post Apoc cars!