Pages

Monday, October 19, 2020

Testing, testing, is this thing on...

 Welcome Gaslanders,

So got another build completed this past week, I have been wanting to do something with the rules that is called Wall of Amps, the artwork is like the truck in the latest Mad Max movie with the guitar player, but I had other ideas.

In my mind I pictured the car to be more like the Blues Brothers car with a big speaker on top. But the rules for Wall of Amp say that it effects everything around the car.Looking at my bits, I had a bunch of these satellite looking dishes that seemed to work as well as this rocket looking part I took from a donor car. 

Mock Up on a Ford wagon.

But as I looked at the rules closer, the Wall of Amps could only go on a truck and my idea of using the wagon didn't work. So I decided to make the wagon a truck by cutting off the wagon roof! I also was not happy with the larger front "speakers" so I used a couple of other guns I had that looked good. I also added a blower to the car as it needed something on the hood, this came from a donor car as well.

Mocked up final look. 

Gluing everything in place.

I also added a driver as well as floral wire to represent "speaker wires" which would add to the make shift look of the car. At this point I was ready to paint and was thinking of what colors to use, after looking at the primed model, I choose black as I knew I wanted to do light weathering on the car and I knew this would stand out.

Amp car completed!

Front end shot!

Back end with part of the "amp" from the donor car I kept. 

Painted up details that really make the car pop!

All in all this was a very fun car to build and I am very happy how it looks completed, it has that Blues Brother look mixed in with a little Ecto 1 from Ghostbusters feel to it, something that looks like a crazy man came up with in his garage!

TK

6 comments:

Der Alte Fritz said...

Good looking vehicle.

Tim Kulinski said...

Thanks, it was a fun build!

Tom O said...

Well done Tim!

Tim Kulinski said...

Thanks Tom, reminds ,e of something the Blues Brothers would drive! I wonder if it has a cop motor in it?

DaGreenskins said...

Looks great can't want to smash into it.

Doug said...

Well, it looks like it has two motors, one in the front under the blower, then a stack of inlets roughly mid-engine drive :)