Pages

Monday, June 29, 2020

Heavy Truck for Gaslands

So,

This past Saturday, I started working on a new Heavy truck for Gaslands, it has been something that I wanted to do for a while and it became a long project of sorts.

Heavy Truck in all its glory!
 So I forgot to take pictures of the build, but here are pics of the to vehicles I started with, one is a car hauler (some limited addition too! LOL) and the other is the Baja Hauler. I was going to use the Baja Hauler straight as it was, but realized that the cab was way too small on it when I put the Gaslands figures next to it.

Donor card for the cab

Donor car for the wheels and bed.
I thought it would be a pretty easy conversion, but once I got the cars apart, I knew I was into a pretty major kitbash. For one thing, the sub assembly of the Baja Hauler was a very soft plastic and I could not get any super glue to work. I ended up trashing it and built a new sub assembly of plastic square rod as I needed to have clearance for the bed.

Then onto the cab, I had shaved and sanded down the inside but it was just too big to fit on the under frame of the original hauler. I also had a huge gab underneath the cab and it did not look right, so i added plastice to the underside of the cab to get it to fit right and look right. I then added some pipes from the Implements of Carnage sprue as well as the plow. I also cut an opening in the back of the bed for the crew to enter/exit from. I then figured out where the crew would go and was ready for paint.

Assembled Heavy Truck

Plow added

Extra armor added 
Painting was pretty straight forward, I painted the crew before going into the bed and glued in after everything was done.  I like my Gaslands cars to look pretty distressed and worn, so I always go for that apocalyptic look as I figure no one washes their vehicles as they may not make it past the next race! So after the base painting was done, I go back with Vallejo Environmental colors to rust and dirty them up to get that grungy look to them. 

All painted up

Mean front end!

Hang onto them hats and glass folks!
 Also since I was in a Gaslands sort of mood, I did a few more guard rails and barricades for the game. I found in my hobby scrap box some HO scale pallets, which work perfect for Gaslands and decided to add a few to a couple of barricades. I love how they turned out and fit perfectly for the game.

Junk piles for barricades
So there you go, I also worked on a few terrain pieces for Necromunda, that will be tomorrows update.

TK

No comments: