Pages

Monday, June 22, 2020

Fellowship of the Rings

So,

As some know, I loved the Lord of the Rings movies and when GW released their miniature game along with the first movie, I was hooked. I spent a ton of money on buying models for the game and one of the first box sets I bought was the Fellowship of the Rings. 

Now the only models that I actually painted were Legolas and Gandalf, the others got primed and then forgotten as other LotR projects came up. Well this past weekend I decided to watch the Josh Gad Reunited Apart series on Youtube and he brought back the original cast from the movies. Then we got word that Ian Holmes (aka Bilbo in the movies) passed away. So with that I decided I wanted to paint up some hobbits, which were primed up well over ten years ago. So while listening to my buddy's Video Pod cast (Whats Up with Mike & Jeff) I started painting the below models.

Hobbits

Well as the show went on, I was able to get two of the hobbits completed and I kept on going working on the other two. By mid afternoon I had them all completed, but as I looked in my project box, I still had Gimli, Boromir and Aragorn to complete and it did not feel right to leave them out, so I started working on them as well.

Well i am happy to say that I completed the Fellowship of the Ring Sunday afternoon and now well over ten years later, one of the first sets I bought for the game is completed! Here they are in their glory.

Fellowship of the Ring

So there you go, it took many many years to complete, but the orginial bad of adventures I fell in love with as a young boy reading the Fellowship of the Ring is complete. Now what other old models do I have to paint, hmm we will see...

TK

2 comments:

rhingley said...

Great post. I too have these primed figures in my mountain of lead.

Howard C. Beam said...

Nicely done Tim. Nice to see you're doing some LOTR Models again. Corona Virus has really put a damper on gaming, but it's nice to see some hobby painting is still going on. :)

Hope all is well with you and the family. Say "Hi!" to Shannon and the rest for me!