Pages

Thursday, May 07, 2020

Don't fence me in...

Well,

Time for some more Gaslands related projects, so for the longest time I have been wanting to make some terrain for Gaslands, specifically guard rails and barricades. So a few weeks ago I started working on some tire barricades using Nerf darts cut to the right looking width of tires and stacked them all together and glues to a base.

Nerf Dart tires!
Great barriers
 Well while surfing the old web, I saw someone post up a picture of guardrails made out of corrugated cardboard. The problem was the cardboard corrugation was too larger. Then I remembered that Drunken Sanurai gave me some corrugated cardboard for dollhouses for Spanish tile roofing. I found the scrap I still had left and it was the perfect size. Now the original poster actually peeled the backing away and glued another section to it to add strength. I just kept the backing paper of and I did not care that you can't see the ribbing from the back.

Glue, pile of sticks and cardboard.
 So once assembled I glued to some think plastic (which I ran out of after three!) and primed them up for paining. I made each section 4" long which seems to be a perfect size and I can then set them to form curves.

Paint and weathering was next and viola, three new sets of guardrails! Now I just need to make a bunch more.

New/old guardrails

For scale with my first ever Gaslands car.

Tires and rails.
 So there you go, another nice little project marked off the list.

TK

No comments: