Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Well,

This Rona thing doesn't want to end and I am experiencing some sort of gaming depression from not being able to game. I have projects, but I am in the mood of why? Why should I finish these? Whats the point? That sort of thing. So to combat that I decided I wanted to do some model building to sort of switch gears. Now for years I have been seeing the Star Wars kits from Bandai, so this past weekend I decided to pick up a few of their kits.

One kit I picked up was this traditional Storm trooper kit. Being a fan of the movie, one year for Halloween my mother made me a Storm Trooper costume out of black sweats and foam trays that meat comes in (washed of course) and a papermache helmet. So when I saw this kit I knew I had to give it a go.

Aren't you a little short to be a Stormtrooper?
 Now my only experience with the Bandai kits, was a few years ago I built a basic Gundum kit and what I remembered of that it used very little glue. This kit is the same thing, used minimal glue and everything is pre painted. The other thing that I noticed is that there is no flash and I mean none on any of the frames! The Japanese have truely mastered the plastic model kits, heck even some of the frames are molded in different colors on the same frame!

At the Ready!
The detail on this kit is amazing and as I said most of it did not require any glue. The only issue I had was there is an ammo pouch or something on the left leg, when I went to snap it on, it broke in half. I glued it back together once I had it on his knee, other then that, it was the only issue.

Back Detail
 So it took me about 4 hours to assemble the kit, did not painting on it and used very little glue (non was actually needed. So I highly recommend this kit for beginners or advanced modelers alike. All you need is a good way to remove the parts, maybe a sanding stick, but that is it. Now I am planning on picking up at least one more Storm trooper as I want to weather one like the troopers in Mandolorian, with dirt and stains on it. Heck, I may try to build a collection of these kits!


Looking very imposing!
So there you go, I am working on another Bandai kit for my son, all I can say is, Too infinity and beyond!

TK

No comments: