Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Riders of the Riddermark

Well,

So I have been having an interesting chat on the FB group I belong to about a game that we all love playing Lord of the Rings Strategy battle Game. A good friend posted up a nice picture from another modeler and he mentioned he missed the game. This got me thinking about the game and wanting to paint up some more models for the game.

Riders assembled

So I decided to bust out the models and I also busted out my old legions of Middle Earth book and built a quick list for 347 points. Its lead by a generic Captain as I need to wait to find a Emoer model to lead them, right now its a Royal Guard model standing in.


Generic Rohan Captain leads the Riders

So my plan is to paint up the whole force by the end of August, which at first I thought no problem, then I remembered that Rohan players need dismounts if their horses get taken down, so I dug out enough Riders on foot to match the number of mounted models. I think that puts me around 36 models then.

So August will be busy as I paint these, some Marvel Crisis Protocol and some cars for Gaslands, will be interesting to say the least. 

TK 

4 comments:

JPL said...

Hi Tim, I remember doing this same project back in 2012-2013..took me over 4 months....I did 20 rank and file guys-12 riders, 6 royal guard and 2 outriders in the group then the heroes it was 46 models with both the foot and mounted...Whew! good luck man you wont be painting anything green for awhile afterward! Ha!

Tim Kulinski said...

Thanks John, Its a daunting task, but I am looking forward to it as I have never painted any Rohan models, it was an army I always wanted to do but all my buddies had the army so I never got to mine. Better late then never right??

fireymonkeyboy said...

The Rohan range is generally quite nice to paint. Fairly simple, clean lines, and they take paint well. Enjoy!

Tim Kulinski said...

@firemonkeyboy, I am pretty excited about this, like I said, my gaming buddies all had Rohan so I never got to paint them when I was playing. But now it will finely get painted!