Pages

Tuesday, March 04, 2014

The Guns of Adepticon!

Well,

Forgive me for the pun of the title, this is for a reason. If you are not familiar with The Guns of April site, go take a look. It is a group of fellow gamers that have a passion for putting on some spectacular large games at Adepticon. This year I have been invited to participate in a series of skirmish games set in Alexandria (Egypt) in 1800-01. Based on tales of Napoleon's expedition to the Nile Delta, and the uncovering of the Rosetta Stone, we aim to have each member bring along a small warband (8-15 models) to take part in some wonderfully evocative battles. The game is inspired by a article by Steve Dake on the Rosetta Stone published in WI294 and the rules they are using are none other than Legends of the High Seas!


With that, I decided to do something a little different from the other guys, I decided I wanted to do some Ottoman Turks and Brigade Games had just the right models. So here are a few shots of my Ottoman Turks, I am still working on the flesh, but you get the idea.





There you go, my Ottoman Turks for The Guns of April game at Adepticon 2014. Oh and it just dawned on me that I have a month to go and I just realized that I need to paint up my LotOW gang for the LotOW tournament. Man this month is going to be busy!

TK

3 comments:

Scottswargaming said...

Great stuff Tim, I look forward to your report on the event!

Anonymous said...

Tim what colors did you use for the bases. Well done on the minis

Tim Kulinski said...

There are three colors, paint the bases black, then I used two Americana colors. First I did a heavy dry brush of Honey Brown, then I dry brushed on Desert Sand. Finished of with tiffs of GF9 static grass.

Pretty easy really. Robert showed me this on his minis!