Pages

Thursday, November 08, 2007

World War 2

Well,
Here is the post I tried to get up a few weeks ago, so here you go.
Well I have been busy building 1/48th scale Tamiya kits for my WW2 gaming in 28mm. I took the plunge into 1/48th scale kits for a couple of reasons. First, it is allot easier to get these kits here in the states as opposed to getting the many 1/56th scale resin kits that are made in the UK. Secondly, the price. Since the US dollar is weak against the British Pound, it is cheaper to spend $20 - $30 dollars for theses Tamyia kits than the $40 - $50 UK kits. Thirdly, I am a modeler and the resin kits still seem to be lacking something. There are a ton of nice resin kits out there from folks like Bolt Action Miniatures, but they still seem to be missing the detail that the Tamiya kits have.So here are a few shots I took today, the first model I bought was this Crusader II kit.

I have lined this up with a AGN Matilda for size comparison.


The second kit I bought was the First production Tiger for North Africa. Man this is a sweet model!


Here are a few shots with Artizan figures next to them.



I also picked up a few of the Walmart Die Cast tanks that folks were talking about on the net. I have to admit, I bought about 8 of these kits and at $5.00 each I should have bought more! I repainted these for my North Africa units only thing I hate is the German cross's I hand painted. Will be decalling these in the future, but for now these work.



Here is a size comparison with the Walmart tank and the Tamiya Tiger.

Here are just a few more shots I took.



Here is also a shot of my new game table I got built as well with the first game to be played on it, LotOW.




Notice how the cats have taken over! This table was built with the Simpson shelf kit you get at Home Depot. After seeing how Rob Brightwells tables & shelves were built I knew I had to have this. So there you go, just a little update, I will be more diligent with posts...TK

1 comment:

Robert said...

Dude! You could have gotten three posts out of all that stuff!