Pages

Friday, May 26, 2017

Time for War!

So,

Last weekend I got to Demo CAV: Strike Operations to my buddy Tom, it was also a quick chance to see if I was able to break down the rules for Talon Games into a quick play demo style of rules. I was given the task from Jon Walker of Talon Games to create a 4 or 5 page set of the rules just going over all the basics.

Rach Starter Set

Terran Starter Set
With two fully painted starter sets, Tom and I set out to demo the game. All in all I nailed all the core mechanics of the game, although I did forget to add the section about damaging (which I have corrected).

As well as showing Tom the game, I had a few folks come by to see what we were doing, it seems that Big Stompy Robots are a draw! Tom enjoyed himself and actually won the game by having only his Starhawk alive at the end of the game.


All in all it was a great showing for CAV: Strike Operations. In a few weeks I will be doing more demos and may hit up a few other stores in the local area as well as possibly heading down to Tucson to show off the game.

So as I mentioned above, I am contributing to Talon Games on CAV:SO and will be doing some further writing for them in the very near future. I will also be going down to Reapercon/CAVcon in October to help run games as well as answer questions about the game and future projects.

I have also set up the CAV: Strike Operations HQ Facebook group and I am the Admin for the group. I am also running the first ever CAV: SO paint competition on the group with prizes for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place, this is all being hosted on the CAV:SO HQ group at the above link.

Besides that, I am also working on my  Malvernians and have a new battle group.


I am thinking of taking this group to Reapercon/CAVcon in October, I have a few more models to paint up.

Oh and I am about to start writing my first ever fiction book, which I plan to self publish on Amazon. I have the blessing of Talon Games to set the book in the CAV: SO universe. In fact this weekend I plan to do a story synopsis of the book, I am a little nervous about writing fiction and I will not lie, it scare the pants off of me. But what scares us makes us stronger right???

So lots of CAV: Strike Operations going on around here, but I will confess, all these new GW games is making it very hard to stay focused on CAV!

TK

2 comments:

Tom O said...

Enjoyed the game and looking forward to next time. Good luck on the writing!

Talk Wargaming said...

Hey There !
My name is Joshua Stawiarski Co - Editor Of TalkWargaming.com

Sorry if this message is presented in a spammy way as I’ve been but a lot of wargamers it seems are hard to contact .

I wanted to inquire about if you would be interested in selling published content you’ve already created that's on your website to us over here at talkwargaming.com as we are looking to diversify our content to expand our readership.

If you are interested or have questions we can go over more details at: editortalkwargaming@gmail.com
Put In The Subject Heading : “ Wargame Creator ”

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Sincerely,
Co - Editor Of talkwargaming.com