Pages

Wednesday, July 09, 2014

4Ground Terrain

So,

In my last post I showed off some of the items from my CA trip, three items were 4Ground buildings. The past few nights I put together the three kits. So here is a brief review of the buildings.

These 3 4Ground kits are the first ones that I have purchased and looking at the package, they seem pretty easy, oh but looks can be deceiving! First thing you have to know, these are model kits, not something you can just slap together and throw onto the table.

Looks pretty easy right?

Once I opened the package, the truth was revealed to me, these 15mm kits were going to take some time. First thing I did was review the instruction sheet and familiar myself with all the parts. I highly recommend this since these kits do have a lot of parts. Don't rush and too help, I laid out the parts just like in the instructions, that was my anal side coming out, but it helped a lot.

Lots of parts!
 This particular kit has two floors plus a attic, the ground floor took me about 30 minutes to assemble. Once I had this section completed I started laying out the next section.

Ground Floor
 The next section took about 30 min as well to assemble. I made sure that the mounting points were clear so that the next section would fit without it being too snug.

Second Floor
Here is a completed picture after about an hours worth of work.

We have a building, almost.
 The last section was the roof/attic and this took about 15 minutes to complete.

Roof done.
 Here is the completed building with some added signage that came with the kit.

Completed!
 Total build time was 1 hour 30 minutes, which was not bad. The kit looks awesome and I am glad for picking up these kits.Each kit was about $20.00 each, which is not bad and I had a sense that I actually put something together. My buddy Drunkensamuari has just about all the Battlefront kits and even though they are $25.00 you just don't get the satisfaction of building them like these kits.

Here is another kit



Third kit
 
All three kits
All in all I really love these kits, at first I was not hip on the laser burn marks on the kits, but on the ruined kits they seem to work. I know I will be picking up a few more of these kits in the near future to add to my 15mm terrain collection. I highly recommend these kits, but be warned, they are model kits and will take some time building them, but the time spent is worth it.

TK

2 comments:

Robert said...

Looking good! I can't wait to get these on the table.

Anonymous said...

I'm building some of the 28mm kits. They are a pain in the a$$ if you ask me. The directions are crap :)

Yours look great.